______________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 26, 2009

First Interview

Well, I finally said something to Brandon. I just couldn't take it anymore! I called him last night, I was a little tipsy, so the liquid courage might have had something to do with it. And I asked him what was going on, and if he'd changed his mind about us. And he said no, he's just been doing his own thing. And so have I. Which is what I told him. I just said that I wanted to make sure he wasn't having second thoughts, because I wasn't sure he'd tell me if that was the case, and I just don't wanna invest anything more into this for nothing. He said he hasn't changed his mind, he's just been busy, and that was that! Short, sweet, and to the point. Although I'm totally not buying the "I've been busy" excuse. He's pushing me away, which I knew. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something more serious. We talked for about 15 minutes after that, and yes, we're still on for dinner tomorrow night. I decided on a salmon dish, with pasta and basil cream sauce. I'm excited! I did all my shopping today, so I'm prepared!
Tomorrow morning is my dreaded interview. Not only is it going to be pouring down rain tomorrow morning, but the commute is probably gonna be like an hour! Which means I'm gonna have to leave at like 7am. Ugh... I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to get to sleep tonight! My usual bedtime is somewhere around 4am! ((Sigh)) I'll just be so glad when this is over.
I was invited to a pumpkin carving party Wednesday night, and Summer, Ben, Taryn and Ali, and a bunch of my other friends are gonna be there. I'm looking forward to it. It's my night off! I'm also supposed to go to dinner with Law School sometime this week. He got a new job, apparently, and we haven't hung out in a while, so he said he wants to catch up. And he's buying! So I told him, definitely. I was thinking about inviting him to the pumpkin party, and maybe we could grab dinner beforehand. But I dunno, that might be too...date-like. Or maybe I'm just being ridiculous. We'll see.
Well, I guess I should be getting to bed. Argh. I'm going to sleep with my fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Tarilyn said...

Good luck with the interview! You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything! Just be relaxed and natural and everything will fall into place with the interview!

As far as Brandon goes, I am glad you are keeping yourself busy and seeing the situation for what it is. I still think it would be better to stop initiating things and let him be the one to do it for a change, but good luck with the date!

Anonymous said...

Seriously? you called him and whined to him again? You're repeating every mistake you did before whining every time you're not getting 100% of his attention. This is just going to end up to be more pain for you, you know that right?

sweetpea said...

Have fun on your dinner date and good luck at the interview!