______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally Getting Somewhere

I took the job!
I start Wednesday.

As for everything else...I'm going down to 2 nights a week bartending. Just Friday and Saturday. And Brandon and I are...just friends. Really, actually, just friends. I really don't expect anything, other than friendship. And even though sometimes, I find myself hoping that maybe something could come from us being friends, I'm trying to let it go, and just...move on. And surprisingly, it hasn't been as hard as I was expecting. I still have my breakdown moments, and it's a little weird at work, because I find myself slipping into my old habits of just...completely ignoring him. But then he walks up and starts talking to me, and I have to remind myself that it's ok! ((Sigh))
Anyway, I'm moving on with my life. This new job should be a nice change of pace, and I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.

2 comments:

RusticPoison said...

Congrats on the new job and moving on from Brandon! I know from experience, it is not easy moving on from someone that you invested a lot of time and heart into- hell, i still find myself bitter over a march breakup (pathetic i know, even though we were together for 2+ years- he went back to the girl before me) but i take it mainly day by day.

Hope the job works out :)

Anna said...

Congratulations, that's great! I think you will find it sooo much easier to move on once you are no longer working with Brandon.