______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Work and Play

I have a date tomorrow night!! WOOHOO!!
FB called me today around 6ish to "ask how the concert was". Hehe. We talked for quite a while, and he asked if I wanted to go out with him downtown tomorrow night, and of course I said sure! So I'm supposed to meet him at his place around 8, and then we're gonna take a cab into Houston so there will be no drinking and driving. Duh. I'm really excited!!

And guess who else called me today?? My GM, Mr. S. He's pretty much been the neutral party through all the work mess, but he called to let me know that I'm off suspension, basically, and to tell me what days I work next week. Then after I got off the phone with him, he called me right back! He said Alyssa had mentioned I wasn't going to the employee party and he wanted to know if that was true.
"Uhhh...." was all I could manage.
"Well, I just wanted to let you know that you are a member of our staff, and you can come to the party. So you should come."
"Yea...I just...didn't want it to be weird..." I said.
"Well, it's up to you whatever you wanna do, but you're still part of the staff, and I want you to know you're welcome at the party." He encouraged.
"Ok... Thanks." I said.
So I guess I am gonna go! Bethany pointed out that it would probably be better if I went anyways, so it doesn't look like I'm ashamed and guilty and hiding my face. Which is true... And she said they would probably all respect me more or going. So I'm really glad that all worked out.
I sure do have a busy busy weekend ahead of me! Going out with Friend Boy tomorrow night, then Cecelia's party Friday night, going out with Melissa and the girls Saturday night, and the employee party Sunday night! Whew! I really hope I don't end up hungover on any of those days...

Tomorrow I gotta get up early and head to the mall for a bit of shopping. I need to get something to wear tomorrow night and Friday night. Hopefully I can get something at Forever 21 for under 30 bucks since I have a gift card.
I'm still not sure if I'm gonna stay working at my current job or not though. I'm gonna test the waters once I get back to work and see how it is. Then I'll decide. Well, I guess that's all the updates for tonight!

Demetri Of The Day:
“A lot of people don’t like bumper stickers. I don’t mind bumper stickers. To me, a bumper sticker is a shortcut. It’s like a little sign that says ‘Hey, let’s never hang out.’”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats cool about your job and you should go to the party... cant wait to hear how the FB's date goes!

Anonymous said...

I SO want to hear about this date!

soleil said...

i'm so excited for you! can't wait to hear how the date went.

Anonymous said...

FB sounds like he has a lot of potential, have fun on your date!

I would quit the job, you seem overqualified for it, and you are taking a lot of crap for a job that wont even help boost your resume.