Ok, today at work, I experienced several things that really just GRIND MY GEARS!!! So people, please take the time to read this, and really CONSIDER what I am about to say, because I can promise you, I speak for more than just myself.
First of all, when you are a customer at a bar, please heed the following:
1) If it's your turn to order, KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT! Don't stand there with your thumb up your ass till the bartender comes to you and asks what you want and then say, "Uhhh....uhhhh..." Because that's really annoying. And a waste of everyone's time. That includes other people in your group as well! If you're ordering for anyone other than yourself, don't go, "I need 4, uh..." and then turn around to your friends and ask what they want. Point being?? HAVE YOUR ORDER READY!
2) SPEAK CLEARLY, AND TO THE BARTENDER! Don't mumble, or cover your mouth with your hand, or say, "I want a vodka redbull and (Idiot turns around to point at who he is ordering for, while still speaking.)" I can't hear you when you're turned all the way around pointing at someone and saying, "she wants a martini." I don't care who the fuck the drinks are all for, just tell me what you need so I can get to making them!
3) NEVER WHISTLE AT US! We're not dogs, and I promise you, if you whistle to get my attention I will do one of the following: ignore you, or rip you a new asshole for being such an ignorant bastard.
4) WAIT YOUR FUCKING TURN!!! We all learned to wait in lines in grade school, right?? Apparently not. If I'm taking someone else's order, I'm not going to take yours until I'm damn ready. DON'T fucking interupt me taking someone else's order! You can just wait. Ordering a drink is not a life or death situation. So chill the fuck out. I'll get to you when I get to you.
5) DON'T WAVE YOUR HAND AT ME, DON'T WAVE A NAPKIN AT ME, DON'T YELL "MISS!" OR "MAM!" OR "HEY!"I will proceed to ignore you while you jump around like a cracked out gorilla. We do see you. We see everyone. And believe it or not, we have a system that you may not be able to detect. So when it's your turn, I WILL COME TO YOU. Again, not a life or death situation. And you look like a fucking idiot.
6) DON'T MAKE ME RUN ALL OVER THE BAR 8 TIMES, JUST TO TAKE YOUR ORDER. Know your ENTIRE order when you place it. Don't order 2 beers... Then 2 more beers... Then 3 shots. Order 4 beers, and 3 shots. We're good at our jobs, and we can remember drink orders IN THEIR ENTIRETY! And I can promise you, you'll have to wait longer the next time you come to the bar if you do this. We aren't your slaves, and we have plenty of other customers to assist besides you.
7) TIP BY THE DRINK! For example, if you order 2 vodka tonics, and 2 shots, then you should tip for the vodka, and the shot. Because that's 2 different things we had to make you, and it makes sense that we should get tipped for each. If you think that's too much, then you don't need to be going out.
8) ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND that you are not our only responsibility. We have several, not just including the other bar guests, and the waitresses. So don't call us over to you every 5 seconds. It's annoying, and we'll start to avoid you.
9) I don't think I should have to say this but...I better just in case. DON'T BE AN ASS!@! If you piss one of us off, not only will that person you pissed off not serve you, chances are, NONE OF US WILL. And you may even be asked to leave if your childish behavior reaches an inappropriate level. That means IF WE ASK YOU TO STOP DOING SOMETHING, STOP. DON'T ARGUE. DON'T BE DIFFICULT. DON'T BE A PERV. DON'T BE ANNOYING. DON'T GET AN ATTITUDE. We're just trying to do our jobs. We WANT you guys to be happy! So don't be so quick to pounce on us.
That pretty much sums it up i think...Demetri Of The Day:
"Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal."