______________________________________________________________________

Saturday, June 14, 2008

All The Missing Pieces...

So Tuesday night, I sent Daniel one last email, just to let him know I was gonna need my stuff back...again.
This is what it said:

((sigh))
Well, it seems we're back to this again. I left a few things over at your place. A purple bag in the bathroom, a couple movies, and my ghostland cd. So I guess, go ahead and bag it up. I'll have Alyssa pick it up or something.
Hope your week gets better.
-Peyton

I knew he wouldn't get it till at least the next day, when he got to work, but when I woke up the next morning, I already had my response.

"yeah cause im really sure thats what she wants to do. pick your shit up!"

WTF??? WHY did he have to give me such a rude response?? I didn't reply.
I was venting to Bethany on the phone about it, and she offered to get my stuff. She said I should tell Daniel that she would like nothing more than to go get my stuff, actually. Lol. Of course, I didn't tell him that. I didn't tell him anything at all.
Yesterday afternoon, I sent Whitney a text, asking him if he was gonna be home in the evening. He said yes, and I asked him if he would mind handing over my things to Bethany.
Then he called me.

"What stuff did you leave here?" He asked.
"Just some movies, and a CD and some stuff. Daniel should have it all packed up in a bag. I asked him 2 days ago."
"Well...I don't see a bag anywhere. I mean...a lot of shit's been moved around since the last time you've been here." I could hear him digging around.
"Oh. Well...Bethany should be coming over in the next couple of hours. Maybe you should just call Daniel and ask him where it is." I suggested.
"Ok, I guess I will then. Just let me know when she's on her way."
"Ok no problem."

As soon as I got off the phone with Whitney, Bethany called.
"Hey I'm almost there!" She said.
"Already?? Ok, well I gotta call Whitney and let him know."
"Alright, I'll just call you when I get there."

So I called Whitney back.

"Hey, I'm not seeing any of your stuff..." He said as soon as he picked up the phone.
"Seriously?? Cuz Bethany is already on her way over there - Oh shit! - Did you call Daniel?"
"Yea, why?"
"Cuz he's calling me right now!" I started to panic.
"Well answer it!" He urged.
"NO! I don't wanna talk to him!" I said, my voice rising an octave.
"Just talk to him." Whitney demanded.
"Fine." I huffed as I clicked over.

"Hello?"
"It's Daniel."
"I know."
"Ok, well Bethany is not picking up your stuff. If you want your stuff, you can come over and get it." His words spilled out as if he was hissing them.
"Um, well Bethany lives a lot closer to you than I do-"
"I don't care! You can set aside a time to come pick it up, or I can bring it to you, but I don't want some strange person going through my apartment looking for your stuff. I haven't even had a chance to get it all together yet." He snapped.
I was so taken aback by his reaction, I didn't know what to say.
"...okayyyyy..." I stammered.
((click))

He hung up on me! WTF?! I didn't even get a chance to tell him that Bethany was already there. I huffed and began dialing Whitney's number.

"He practically yelled at me, and then he hung up on me!" I complained when he answered.
"Hi Peyton!" Bethany called from the background.
I gave Whitney the gist of our conversation, and he agreed with me that Daniel was acting just a little psycho.
"Well, I'll just tell you where my stuff is, and you can hand it to Bethany." I compromised.
"Nah, just talk to her." He said and handed her the phone.

It took us all of 5 minutes for her to gather my things and leave, before she passed the phone back to Whitney. Then he sat there on the phone with me and went on and on about how if Daniel really was the one, I would know, and things wouldn't be so difficult, and I wouldn't have to try so hard, bla bla bla...
Finally when he said he never exactly saw Daniel giving me "googoo eyes" I had to interject.
"Ok, are you trying to make me feel better or worse??"
"Why? Am I making you feel worse? I wasn't trying-"
"I just don't wanna think about it." I interrupted.
"Yea, I understand..." He said, before going off on another tangent.
In the end, I had to feign another call to get off the phone with him. ((sigh)) It was awful.
And now I'm sure Daniel is pissed off at me, on top of everything else.

I just wanted to get my stuff sooner, rather than later, and not drag everything out, like last time. ((sigh))

I went and saw Sex & The City alone tonight after work. Daniel had been promising to take me. He actually wanted to see it. And let me tell ya, there is nothing more depressing than going to a movie alone. Especially that movie. Too much about couples, and breaking up and getting back together... I was trying not to think about Daniel.
Mission failed.

No comments: