______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Three's Company

Well, my roommate basically avoided me for a couple days, but things appear to be back to normal now. I haven't said anything to her. Initially, just because I didn't have the opportunity, and now I feel like it's passed the point of relevancy, where if I do say something, she'll think I've just been sitting on it, ya know? But this weekend, she is going away to some ranch with her boyfriend! ((Sigh)) I see all sides of this, and I equally agree and disagree with all your comments. I've gotten lots of advice from different people, and no one has said the same thing.
On the one hand, it is my house, and I'm not ok with stuff like that going on around here, and I do think it's worth mentioning that I know what she did and she should take responsibility for it. And it's going to be really awkward the next time her boyfriend comes over for the weekend! And I do believe, in the words of Janis Ian, "There are two kinds of evil people in this world. Those who do evil stuff and those who see evil stuff being done and don't try to stop it." Well obviously it's too late for me to stop it, but maybe it is worth it to let her know my feelings on the subject.
On the other hand, it isn't my business and I don't want to get in the middle of it. I don't expect her boyfriend to come out and ask me if she's been cheating, I doubt he has any inkling of that. But it will be hard for me to look him in the eye, that's for sure. But since she is my roommate, and things are going so well with us cohabitating, I don't wanna screw that up. She's moving out at the end of August, so I still have quite a bit of time to live with her and I don't want that time to be miserable. I'll keep you all posted. If there is an opportunity to talk to her about it, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'm just gonna stay out of it.
As far as things with Lane, I'm feeling better about the situation already. I haven't been texting him, and he hasn't really been texting me, so out of sight, out of mind. I do still get sad about it sometimes, but...I do think it is for the best. There has to be someone out there who lives closer to me and is looking for a relationship. Right? RIGHT???

No comments: