______________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 21, 2009

Best Dinner Ever!! (Thursday Night: Part I)

OMG OMG OMG!!! So Todd is in town for the weekend. And he called me a couple days ago to tell me he was gonna be here, and see if I wanted to go have dinner and catch up. And of course I agreed. So we made plans for Thursday and he said he'd call me after his practice.
So today, he called me, and I was getting ready for work. I figured we'd go someplace lowkey, and I'd just head straight to work from there.
Well, then he informs me that it's his night to take the vets out. They have this tradition where the rookie has to buy the team dinner. So he asked if I wanted to come. And of course I said, "DUH!!"
So I changed my clothes, sexy jeans, heels and a somewhat casual top to dress it down. Fixed my hair and makeup, got all my work stuff together, and went to meet him at his hotel. We arrived at the restaurant at the same time as the rest of his team. And I was the only girl!!! It was just me and like 15 professional football players!!!
IT WAS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!
And I had so much fun! I got to meet his whole team, and shoot the shit with them and stuff. Todd gave me the lowdown on all the players, you know, what position they play, how long they've been in the NFL, etc... And of course, Todd and I got to catch up, which was nice. And damn are they a good looking bunch of guys! It's too bad most of them are married.
But it was a much needed picker-upper. After the shitty week I had, man...I was in the best mood ever! I did have to leave straight from there to work, but when I got to work, I was so elated! Nothing could get me down. Todd even said they might stop by my work for a drink afterwards! So when I got to the door, I noticed Brandon, one of the waitresses and Gavin at the door.
"Gavin! If a large group of extremely tall guys comes to the door, don't hassle them about what they're wearing! They're pro football players! And I just got back from dinner with them!"
"Whoa how'd you manage that?" Liza asked.
"One of my best friends is starting for the team this season, and I was the only chick, at a huge table full of hot football guys!"
"High five!" She said.
Brandon didn't look so enthused.
;)

No comments: