______________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Is There a Such Thing as Too Much Fun??

OMG, last night was hilarious!! After class, our same group went out for drinks again, and after the bar closed, we all piled (literally, we piled) into a cab and headed over to JJ's house. I don't know who's idea this was, but once people started getting into the cab, we all just sort of followed. So JJ warned us that his place was a bit messy, and you know, that's what everyone says when they have last minute and/or unexpected company.

But OH MY GOD YOU GUYS.

I have NEVER seen a house so messy in my ENTIRE LIFE!!!

In my drunken stupor, the first thing I said when I walked in was, "Are you guys like...hoarders or something??" Lol. To which Bruce chuckled nervously, and Lane laughed uproariously at. Bruce was literally about to wig out. He was just staring at his surroundings with this shell-shocked look on his face, and muttering to himself. Lol. It was so funny.
But I'm not kidding. I don't think I could even begin to describe the mess. There were just PILES AND PILES of SHIT EVERYWHERE!!!! LOL. It looked like a LANDFILL!

So we all started playing this game. Bruce would pick up 2 random items, and I would snap a picture. Lol. The next day, the pictures were a real riot to look through. Here are a couple of examples:
An aerosol butane can and Welch's Concorde Grape Jelly (Yes it was open, No it wasn't refrigerated)
A dirty steak knife and Old Spice Swagger deodorant
A box cutter and a vaporizer (for marijuana)
A can of Pringles and a vacuum cleaner hose
An empty Fruit Loops box and a tub of white acrylic paint

So, you get the picture, right? It was like walking into an Eye Spy book! So we hung out there for a while, until Bruce finally freaked out.

"Don't you people have jobs?! Responsibilities?! I have to get up in 3 hours!!"
LMAO!

So we all trickled out shortly after Bruce caught a cab, which was around 4:00 in the morning. So it was me, Antonio and Lane, walking towards...?? And Antonio had to go the opposite direction from Lane and I.
And then there were two...

"Do you know where we are?" I asked him, "Because I don't. I totally wasn't paying attention when we were in that cab on the way here."

"Yea, I don't live too far from here. I can walk you to the train." He offered.

So we walked, and chatted companionably to the Red Line stop. When we got there, we stood outside the Red Line stop talking for an hour and a half! The sun was coming up! I don't even remember what we were talking about. Anything. And everything! We could have seriously kept talking for probably another few hours, but the sun was coming up! Lol.

"Well, I should probably get going, since it's sunrise and all." I finally said.

"Yea... Well there's a really good show Wednesday at the theater. I know some of the guys were talking about checking it out, if you're down." He said.

"Yea, that sounds like fun! Here," I handed him my phone, "Give me your number, and I'll text you tomorrow, and we'll iron out the details."
We exchanged numbers, and then, finally I walked through the turnstile. When I got up onto the platform, I could still see Lane, walking down the street towards the rising sun, and I sighed to myself, and smiled.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Totally dig all the updated posts. Sounds like your Improv class was a good choice. Keep havin' fun and lovin' life.