______________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let's Improvise

Well I think I have a job lined up. Hopefully... It's at a neighborhood bar right down the street from Sophie and Brent's place. We go there a lot actually. It's super chill, you have to be 23 to get in, they have an great beer selection, a supercool staff, and a realllly nice owner/manager. I put in my app last week, and the bartender told me they definitely need someone, so I've been in several times since to hoping to catch Caleb (the owner) so I could introduce myself, and maybe talk to him. But he apparently has a very busy schedule and I kept missing him. But finally, one of the bartenders gave me Caleb's email address and said that would be the best way to get hold of him. So I sent him an email the other day, and he asked me to come in and talk with him tomorrow! And I don't think he would want me to come in if he wasn't going to give me the job. The only catch is, I'm going to have to start out waiting tables. Apparently one of their bartenders put in his 2 weeks, so until he leaves, I'll have to wait tables. But I agreed, just because I really wanna work there. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

In other, super exciting news, last night I started my improv class. The class itself was hilariously funny, and amazingly fun! I couldn't believe how easy it actually was to get on a stage in front of strangers and do weird stuff. Granted, I wasn't alone doing the weird stuff, but still. I was definitely nervous going into it. Afterwards, we all walked outside together, and someone suggested we go out for drinks! Of course, I was down with that, so a small group from the class headed across the street. So here's the cast:
There was Rose, a tall girl with wavy blond hair; JJ, her super nerdy, tall, skinny boyfriend; Lane, a guy with naturally deep auburn hair and a disarming smile; Will, the big, funny bearded guy who you can't help but love; Bruce, a little bit older than most of the class, and definitely more responsible (he's an attorney); and Antonio, who we're all still trying to figure out...

So we spent the night drinking, talking and getting to know each other, and by the end of the night I was literally giddy about how much fun I'd had, and how easily I'd just made a handful of new friends!

Things are definitely looking up...

No comments: