______________________________________________________________________

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Make Up

Friday was mostly miserable. All I could think about was Rusty, and by the time it was time to go to Todd's tailgate party, I didn't even feel like getting dressed. I just wasn't in a social mood. But I made myself go, and I brought Oliver and sat outside in the blistering heat for about an hour, before ducking out early to head back home. I kept my phone in my pocket the whole time, hoping he would call, but he didn't.
So after the party, I went back to sleep. I figured I could probably use the sleep, since I hadn't had a full night in about 5 days. Plus, at least when I was sleeping, I wasn't worrying about Rusty.
I woke up around 8:30 and started getting ready to go out. I had made up my mind. I would just go up to work, approach him, and apologize. Just explain it to him. And if he didn't wanna talk to me, well then...fine. So I put on one of my sexiest tops, and some tight fitting jeans and headed out. As I was walking up to the door of my bar, I could hear him singing from inside. He sounded great as always. I took a deep breath and went in. Cameryn and a couple of the waitresses had just gotten off work, so I went and chilled with them for a while. Cameryn mentioned something about Rusty being "Peyton's dude" in front of the other girls. I was completely shocked! First of all, because the only people at work who know are Alyssa and Bethany, and second because she's a manager and I just didn't figure she'd bother with gossip. After a little bit, they all decided to head over the shot bar, but I stayed to wait for Rusty's set to be over. Then Sharon came up to hang out. She's one of my coworker's girlfriends, and she's the one who was puppysitting for me on Thursday night.
Finally his set ended. As soon as he set his guitar down, we made eye contact. I flushed and turned back around. The next thing I knew, he was right behind me.
"Hey," he said, "You came!" He seemed genuinely happy to see me.
"Yea." I said, and couldn't help but smile.
"So...you don't hate me?" He asked hesitantly.
"What??? No! Look...I'm sorry I freaked out on you last night. I just...I was kind of drunk, and my feelings were hurt, and I overreacted a little."
"It's ok," he said, "Why didn't you call me today? I wasn't expecting you to show up after I didn't hear from you."
"Well I tried calling you last night, but you didn't answer, so I just figured you didn't wanna talk to me. And I thought if you did, then you'd call." I told him.
"Oh. Well I was waiting for you to call, cuz you were the one that was mad."
"Well, yea, I was but..."
"Look, I just can't trust my roommate alone in the apartment when there's people over. I mean I have a lot of expensive equipment in there and I don't want it to get stolen. And he was really drunk... I had to stay home. I wasn't planning on it or anything." He explained.
"It's fine. We can talk about it later if you want." I said, and then he kissed me! And it was like in that moment, my whole day went from being crappy, to being wonderful. :) I mean he was just so cool about the whole thing. No drama whatsoever. It was just...over. That's it!
So Sharon and I hung out for a while, and watched him play, then we went over to the shot bar for a while, then we went back. It was a really fun night over all. The best part being that Rusty came home with me and we cuddled all night, and all day today. :)
We went out to lunch, then I played the piano for him, and we watched Heroes in bed...
Today was complete bliss.
In fact, I just got home from work about 20 minutes ago, and he's on the phone with me right now practically begging me to come over. But I'm definitely staying home tonight.
Alyssa and Russ are having a Labor Day party tomorrow afternoon and he's coming with me. Then I have to go to work...ugh.
Anyways, I really need to direct my attention towards our phone conversation right now, because he's being very persistent about me coming over, and I think I'm losing this argument...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well he certainly came up with a good excuse, it's a pretty simple one. Why didn't he just tell you that in the first place instead of getting into an argument and making you feel like crap?
I don't like the sound of this guy at all.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it worked out, without a ton of drama! Take it easy girl, and try not to stress soooo much!

Anonymous said...

Peyton, I wish I knew you in real life! You and I would have so much to talk about. You have guy problems, and I have relationship problems......we could probably give each other a lot of advice!
Good luck with Rusty!
-T