______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Dates!

So I got a text from JD around 5, asking if I would mind if we went out later than our originally planned 7:30. He got stuck at work or something. I told him that was fine, and I was actually kind of relieved too because I still felt exhausted and sore from Sunday. So I told him to just let me know when he was leaving work.
About 2 hours later, he texted me again, saying dinner probably wouldn't be an option because he didn't think he'd get out of work for at least a couple more hours. By this point, I was starting to think I might cancel. I mean, I was just so tired, and achy...ugh. Plus, I was starting to wonder if maybe he was trying to stand me up! But I decided f*ck it. I didn't really have anything to lose at that point. So he texted me again and asked if I wanted to meet him for coffee, and I agreed.
So at 11 o'clock, I headed over to Starbucks. I texted him to tell him I was pulling in, and he told me he was waiting in line. I was really nervous to go inside. I sat in my car for a good 5 minutes, taking deep breaths and talking myself into being calm. Then I went inside.
I recognized him immediately from his pictures, but he was taller than I'd expected. Which is great! I mean, I'm 5'8", so tall guys are hard to come by for me. And he was cute! Hot even! He has dark hair, and dark eyes, and a nice body. Anyways, I walked right up to him and said hi. Then we sat down and just...talked! For 2 hours! We joked, and talked about our jobs, hobbies, pets, etc... Then around 1am, (this was a 24-hour Starbucks) he mentioned that he was gonna have to get up at 7am, so I told him I wouldn't keep him. We slowly made our way to the door, lingered outside for another few minutes, then he gave me a hug, and we went our separate ways.
When I got in the car, I argued with myself about sending him a text. I mean I don't wanna seem desperate, and I wanna follow the "rules" but I don't think this situation has been covered! I mean, our e-mails online were a lot more...personal it seems. But it WAS the first time we were meeting in person, and it's been a while since I've been on that dating website.
OMG.
RUSTY IS CALLING ME RIGHT NOW!

Ok I just got off the phone with him. Here's the gyst:
"Hello?"
"Hey! What are you doing?"
"Omg! I was starting to think your phone only had text messaging capabilities."
"Sorry, it's been a crazy night, I would have called you earlier..."
"It's ok, I was only teasing you."
"Well what are you doing? You should come hang out?"

Omg, it's gonna take me too long to type this all out, so I'm just gonna get to the point.
He wants me to go hang out. I haven't told him yes yet, but I'm going to. What the hell?!?
I'm meeting him at some place where he plays sometimes.
I'll write more tomorrow! Wow, 2 dates in 2 days!!

WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm completely blanking on who JC is the person you had the date with. Can you refresh my memory?

Peyton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.