______________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 8, 2007

A Man, A Plan, An Attention Span

((Sigh))
Well...I'm a little down because my kitten had to be taken to the humane society. Frank hates cats, and my dad is allergic so...my mom decided it was time for Edward and Chloe to go. I miss my Edward sooooooo much! I always looked forward to cuddling with him when I got home from work.
((tear))

Anyways...on Thursday, Jenna and I went to Rich's to visit my new bartender friend, Steven. He gave us tons of free shots, and over all it was a great time! Not to mention, I met yet another adorable bartender named Dereck. And I don't really know why, but I'm super attracted to him! He's got this punk thing goin' on, but he's really sweet, and I love that! We've been myspacing back and forth ever since, so we'll see what happens!

Friday night after work, John walked me to my car, like always, and I offered to drive him back to his, since he was parked down the block. Well we ended up sitting in my car and talking for almost an hour! He told me a bunch of stories about doing reconnaissance in the marines (it's some cRaZy shit!), and we talked about life, and work yada yada. Anyway, somehow we got on the subject of Anchor Man, and he told me he's never seen it all the way through! I was in shock, because I love Will Ferrell and Anchor Man is just hilarious! So I told him he absolutely has to see it. And he said, "Well let's go watch it!" and I was like, "Right now?? At 5:23 in the morning??"
And he said, "Well sure, you have it, right?"
Me: Well...yea but I live like 45 minutes away from here...
John: That's okay
Me: ...and I live with my parents.
John: Ooooohhhh...
Me: Yea...my living situation pretty much sucks right now.

Then I went on to explain how I'm about to move in with Frank as soon as he finishes redecorating, or whatever the hell he's doing these days! I just wish he would hurry up! I think at this rate, I won't be able to move in till I get back from New York! I mean, what's the point? I'm gonna be gone for most of November...
Well, back to our conversation.
John: You have my number, right?
Me: I think so...I mean you gave it to me, but I'm not sure if I copied it right. Do you get text messages?
John: Yea
Me: Really? Cuz I sent you one once that said, "do you get text messages" but you never responded, so I assumed either you didn't get them, or I had the wrong number.
John: Well I had like a hundred messages in my inbox, and I recently deleted them, and then I got like 7 texts at once, so maybe that's why.
Me: Well that explains it!

So now, he gets my texts. :D

Saturday night, Bethany I worked the back bar together, and we decided to go eat after work. Her boyfriend, Tug, was coming too, so I texted John while we were counting tips and asked him if he wanted to join us. He and the other door guys were drinking beer in the front of the building in one of the booths. He agreed, and we all went to a 24 hour cafe. We had fun; I really like Bethany. Another new friend for me, YAY! We've got plans to go out this Wednesday night, since we're both off. WOOHOO!
Oh, and I learned that John likes Harry Potter!! He told me he's just started reading them and he's on book 2 already. I think it's so hot when a guy reads for fun. I love to read! So on my looooooong drive home, I texted John that we should watch the movies together, since he's never seen those either. He said he would be "totally down for some HP movie action =D", but not until he finishes book 2. So we have a tentative...date?

Mitch Of The Day:
"I miss the $2 bill, 'cause I can break a two. $20, no. $10, no. $5, maybe. $2? Oh yeah. What do you need, a one and another one?"

No comments: