______________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Crappy Situation

Alyssa and I finally talked about the whole situation about Daniel and I. It just seems like since Daniel and I have been dating, it's been harder for me to talk to Alyssa about...stuff, because I don't wanna weird her out! I mean, like I mentioned in my last post, most of the things I would normally tell her, I didn't wanna bring up, because it was her brother!
I asked her if she thought I was being stupid, dating him I mean. And she said, "Well, no... I mean, just be careful. It's just that most of the other girls he's dated were really stupid, or immature, or psycho... And I didn't like any of them. But you're smart, and cool, so maybe things will be different with you."
Then she asked, "Omg! Are you sleeping with him??"
"WHAT?! No!" I said.
"You're lying!"
"No! I'm not! I mean, even if I was, would you want me to tell you??"
She paused before responding.
"Yea... Well, no! Well, actually, yea. I would want you to tell me. Just don't give me any details!"
We both laughed, and I agreed to keep her updated on the status of our relationship.

Now I have a funny story for you guys. It may be a little TMI but...what the hell. It's freakin' funny! I went over to Daniel's last night after work. It was about 4 am, so he was already asleep but he had left the door open for me. I crawled into bed with him, and we talked for a little bit before drifting off. The next morning, he got up, got ready for work, and I kissed him goodbye and fell back asleep. I had to work at 5 today, so I had my work clothes with me and was planning on having lunch with Daniel and then getting ready.
He came home for lunch around 1, we went out for sandwiches, and then he went back to work. So I showered and starting getting ready for work. Well it was about that time that I suddenly had to go to the bathroom...pretty bad. And let's just say I didn't have to pee. Lol. For some reason, my bowels almost completely shut off when I'm away from home because I don't like to go number 2 in public places. I think it's a subconscious thing. So then usually, as soon as I get home, I have to go! Lol. So it was kind of like that. As soon as he went back to work, I had to go. So I did. Haha.
Well, his apartment is pretty old, and the plumbing isn't exactly up to par. I mean the water pressure sucks, for one, and the toilet is ancient. So somehow, I clogged the toilet. And it wasn't as if I took a huge dump or something! I swear! So I tried flushing like 3 times, to no avail. It just kept filling up and then slowly draining back down. So I started looking frantically for a plunger, but he didn't have one anywhere! How does a guy, who lives alone, not have a toilet plunger!? I mean I practically tore apart both his bathrooms.
So I tried using the toilet bowl cleaning brush. That was a bust. Nothing was working! So I decided to go buy a toilet plunger. The nearest store was Whole Foods, and they didn't have any cleaning supplies. A little further down the road, a Bed Bath & Beyond! Perfect! I scoured the store till I found the bathroom supplies and the only plunger I found was 50 bucks!! WTF?!?
"I don't need a stainless steel container with my toilet plunger!" I thought.
And I definitely didn't wanna waste 50 bucks on that! So I left in search of a grocery store. Finally, a Kroger. It took me about 15 minutes to find what I was looking for; then I walked up to the cashier, holding nothing but a toilet plunger. She gave me a questionable, but sympathetic look, which was enough to make me blush furiously. ((Sigh)) SO embarrassing. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could.
When I got back to his apartment, the toilet was full almost to the brim with water!! So I had to very carefully unclog it. But alas! It worked! No mess. And he'll never know! Hahahaha. I was so relieved.
Can you imagine how embarrassing that would've been if Daniel would have come home to a clogged, poopy toilet, with no one to blame but me!? Lol. Ahhhh! The horror!
I told Alyssa about it while we were talking today, and she thought it was hilarious. At the time, I was completely panicked, but in retrospect, it's pretty hilarious.

((Sigh)) Anyway...I'm going to Austin tomorrow cuz it's Jenna's birthday this weekend. I'm staying with Shane though, cuz some of Jenna's other friends are going, and they're all getting a hotel. But I don't have money to blow on hotels, and it's been a while since Shane and Izzie and I have hung out. So I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone, and it'll be a blast! It seems like forever since I've spent the weekend in Austin. I am gonna miss Daniel though... He's got his daughter this weekend so I'm sure he'll be preoccupied. Well, that's all for now! I'll try to write as soon as I get back!

P.S. Brian is STILL calling me!! Today, he told me that he was gonna keep pursuing me until either Daniel and I are officially a couple, or until he "get's what he wants". WTF?!?


Demetri Of The Day:
“I noticed that there are no B batteries. I think that’s to avoid confusion, cause if there were you wouldn’t know if someone was stuttering. ‘Yes, hello I’d like some b-batteries.’ ‘What kind?’ ‘B-batteries.’ ‘What kind?!?’ ‘B-batteries!!!’ and D-batteries that’s hard for foreigners. ‘Yes, I would like de batteries.’”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

please post more!!! I REALLY miss you posting regularly:(