______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Clarity

Ok I know it's been a while, so I have a lot to write. I'm gonna try to to this chronologically.

Last Saturday we stayed after work and played poker. It was so much fun! Annnnnnd...Gavin was there. He sat next me and we talked a bit. I know I said I was over him, but hey, he's still hot and available as far as I know! So we goofed off and drank and played cards till about 7:30 am, and then the people that were still playing decided to take the party over to DJ's house because the cleaning crew was about to show up! Gavin invited me to go smoke a bowl with him at his place, and I was soooo tempted to, just so I could hang out with him, but it was 7:30 in the morning, and I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. So I went home. He said his offer still stands anytime. So we'll see...

As for Billy, we hung out a lot this past week! I stayed at his place Thursday, Sunday, and Tuesday! We ate out, and watched movies mostly, but it was fun. I did, however, realize that my fears of not wanting a boyfriend weren't actually self-sabotage. It was the truth revealing itself to me in it's own way. The thing is, Billy is a supernice guy, and he seems to be genuinely into me, which is more than I can say for any of the guys I've dated this summer. So I guess I kinda jumped at the chance to have someone there who would appreciate me, when really, he isn't the guy for me. I mean he's great, and fun, but after the excitement of having a new guy wore off, there just wasn't any chemistry. I mean, I'm not that physically attracted to him either, and I kinda feel like I'm settling, just because he likes me. So...I'm going to have to end things with Billy. I'm just not really sure how at this point. I just don't want things to get too far, and too involved, and too messy. So it's better to end it after a week, than after a couple months. Right?? I mean this might sound awful to some of you guys, like I'm just throwing back the first good guy I find, but honestly, I'm goin' with my gut on this one.
((sigh))
In other news, I've been kind of avoiding May lately. Well, not exactly avoiding, I just didn't have any desire to hang out with her because she acts so...different! She got back with the shady ex-boyfriend, and things just went downhill from there. But of course, they broke up again, and I wanted to wait it out a little and see if it would stick. So I called her up yesterday and asked if she wanted to go to dinner. Well dinner turned into going out after we'd had a couple margaritas! Haha, but we had a blast! We got ready at my house and headed to midtown to find the party. Granted, it was a Wednesday so we weren't expecting much! We went to several different places, and they were all slow, so we finally headed over to my bar. The Albanian was working. I asked him where everybody was tonight and he said, "Why aren't you at Rich's?? DJ AM is spinning tonight!"
I had heard that DJ AM (you know, the guy who dated Nicole Richie) was going to be in town, but I didn't know when, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. The Albanian pulled 2 tickets out of his pocket and handed them to us. We thanked him a million times and bolted out of there as fast as we could!

When we got to Rich's, the place was packed! Definitely more excitement than we had bargained for on a Wednesday night! So we valeted and headed inside. I ran into Frank, and a few other people from work and we took a couple shots. I got a cute bartenders phone number too, so I guess you could say the night was a success!! ;)
Rich's stayed open till 5 am last night, but pretty much everyone left at 2 because the bar closed. So a few of us decided to go to our favorite 24 hour restaurant for some grub. May came too of course, but then she got a mysterious phone call and someone picked her up. She called me later and said she was too tired and not feeling well so she called a friend. ((shrugs))
Anyway, so it was just Frank, The Albanian, and one of our managers whom I will call Mr. S.
After dinner/breakfast Frank asked if I wanted to stop by and see the (our) apartment, since it was just down the street. I jumped at the chance because I'm supposed to be moving in in 2 weeks!
And he wasn't kidding when he said he was doing serious work on it! The apartment looked like a construction zone! The entire place was covered in dust, and there were half finished projects everywhere! But I can tell, it's gonna look bad ass when he gets finished! I mean he completely flipped it! Haha, seriously, I told him he should work in construction. It was pretty amazing. I also told him we're having a huge house-warming party. Lol.

Ok so last, but not least, in the news, Vette Guy called me yesterday. ((sigh)) Yea...a whole 'nother can of worms. He wanted to know what I was doing tomorrow (today) because he's gonna be up at my work watching the football game. I told him I'm working at 10, and he said I should come in earlier and hang out with him. So...I dunno. I'm kinda thinkin' about it, just because after the Billy situation, maybe I need a jump start?? I dunno...maybe that's just a really really bad idea. I'm leaning towards the latter. But I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do.

I have off tomorrow, for like the first time in weeks! Melissa and I have big plans to hit the town. I got the cutest dress! Jenna's coming too, and Alyssa and Cecilia!! Her mom is taking Presley for the night so she can have a girls night out with us. It's gonna be so much fun, I can't wait! Maybe I'll meet a new hot guy...or maybe I'll just have a grand time with my girls, as always!

Mitch Of The Day:
"A lollipop is a cross between hard candy and garbage."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whew... i thought you forgot to write or got swept off your feet by some new guy. hehe!

okay... i'm going to have to write a list, i think.

first stop: gavin - seems like a nice guy, but he's definitely not that INTO you. i'm sure you noticed too.

billy - poor guy, but i'm sure he'll live. i'd rather you break things off now, when there isn't much to break yet, than later when the both of you have already invested a lot. then it would seem like you wasted a part of your life trying to work on something that just didn't seem to work in the first place. besides, if there's no chemistry for you, don't push yourself. also, as i've said, billy might get hurt, and you probably won't be bossom buddies after this, but i'm sure he'll appreciate it later on... i think.

lastly... gavin... hmm... two words gurl. BAD IDEA. no if's, but's or when's or why's about it. just BAD IDEA. he's a jerk. and just because he called and crooked a finger doesn't mean you'll jump ship just because you need "someone" to give you a "jumpstart". he might get it in his head that you're readily available for him. don't give him or any guy for that matter that kind of satisfaction. if he really wanted you in his life, he would done something about it. save yourself the hurt before it happens.

(oh by the way, if i'm jumping way outta topic, correct me. hehe!)

but anyway, despite all the men trouble in your life, i can see that you don't let that bring you down. hehe! oh... and i'm sure you'll have a great time with your girl friends... with or without meeting any new hot guys. hehe! :) take care always gurl! :)