______________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Considering Stripping

No really, but I feel so out of my league right now. Why did I think I could do this? I'm drowning.
I have no money. No money for rent. No money for groceries. No money for bills.
I'm supposed to start the new job next week, but I can't attend training, because I have class, and they only gave me 2 shifts. One of which I also can't work, because I have class. I mean I gave these people my schedule, WTF!?
Jenna's starting to really bother me. She hasn't once called me since I've moved, but she keeps texting me asking if I've bought my bridesmaid dress. Which obviously, I haven't because I have NO MONEY! Now I think I'm going to have to pull out of the wedding altogether. I sure as hell can't afford 2 plane tickets for a wedding and a bachelorette party.
And Dane cashed my security deposit check without telling me. He said he wasn't going to cash it, and that it was just going to go towards my last month's rent. But he did, and now I'm unexpectedly out another $500. And he still hasn't even cashed my January rent check, which is now going to bounce. Not to mention, I have to pay February rent in like 4 days.
My parents can't help me, because my Mom doesn't have money, and my Dad apparently did something stupid, that he won't tell anyone about, and had to take out a loan from the bank. And he's usually pretty well off. The only money I have coming to me is my $150 deposit from my last apartment, and my tax return, if it ever gets here.
I just don't know what to do! I have no one.
Why did I think I could do this??

4 comments:

Adriana said...

hey, i dont know exactly what your class schedule is like or what neighborhood you are living in, but you should look into babysitting in the afternoons, or if you have afternoon/evening classes, then daytime. i think you live on the north side of chi but if you are willing / able to trek down to hyde park - look at http://marketplace.uchicago.edu/index.php

they not only have job postings that are not only in HP, but also a LOT of babysitting jobs - i had one that was only half days so i had afternoons & evenings off to go to class / get a second job.

i know your sister is in school in Chi and YOU are too, so go to both schools website and look for their employment websites.

also, i used care.com to find my FIRST nanny-ing job and it was fantastic. its a really great (free!) website to find babysitting positions.

I'm not saying don't become a stripper - if you need fast cash, sure. but there are other options! i know it might feel totally overwhelming, but maybe you can ask sophie for some quick cash help until your tax return comes through? or go talk to your landlord, maybe he just forgot that he told you he wasn't going to cash your check and he will let you slide your feb payment :-/

good luck! ive sent you my email before so if you want to get together or just vent to someone thats not in your immediate sitch, let me know!

autumn said...

stressful... you should probs donate blood plasma. we did that in college when we were hard up for cash. did you take out student loans to help you live on? otherwise, a bunch of my friends who are actors living in new york, do nanny-ing/babysitting jobs because it works around their schedule and pays enough to cover the bills. that might be a better fit than bartending?

Jennifer said...

Man, I know how that can be, all of a sudden out of cash and having no idea what to do. I really hope it works out for you. Try not to get too discouraged and keep trying to pick up shifts, maybe let other co-workers know you're schedule so they can call you if they need a shift covered or something?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I've never been in that position (although I will be starting school next fall so things will probably change drastically) but I just want to let you know that I'm sending good vibes your way. I did have a couple of friends who were nannies during college and they also attest to it being a fanastic job with great pay. Good luck!

-janelle