______________________________________________________________________

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Night Out With New Friends

So ever since I moved to Chicago, Bethany has been pestering me to hang out with her friend, Carissa. She put us in touch and Carissa and I texted back and forth several times, but whenever she would invite me out, I was always working, or at improv class or something. So last night, I had the night off and I didn't want to waste it, so I texted her to see if she was doing anything. And sure enough, she told me where he crew was at and told me to get my ass up there ASAP. So I put on a cute new outfit, fixed my hair, pulled on my boots and I was out the door.
No more sitting at home thinking about where I must have gone wrong with Bill!
The bar I met them at was big, and really pretty awesome. TV's and people everywhere, good music, and hot bartenders. My kind of spot! I finally found them in the back at the bar. Carissa and I hugged and exchanged, nice to finally meet you's and then she introduced me to her friends: Briana, Ross, and Reggie. It turns out that Briana and I actually met a couple of weeks ago through another mutual friend. So we sat and chatted, and I sucked down drinks as fast as I could trying to catch up with everybody. They had all been drinking since 3pm, while I was still at work. Ross bought us all a round of shots, and everybody was so cool and so nice, it felt like I'd known these guys for ages!
About an hour later, we all decided to head to another spot. While we were outside hailing a cab, who walks up, but Wes! WTF? It's a small world. But he knows Carissa apparently, which I supposed shouldn't surprise me. All us Texas people seem to know all us Texas people. Lol. But Wes didn't come with us, I didn't see him again after that. We went to Reggie's place, which is a really nice high rise loft overlooking the river. We all shotgunned beers on his balcony, and then left. Lol.
So we headed to Carissa's favorite bar after that and it was PACKED. I mean seriously packed. So we walked around looking for a spot to chill, and the guys got separated from us. Briana decided to bail cuz she was too drunk and she gets embarrassed being drunk in public. Lol. So then it was just me and Carissa. We talked, and she laughed at the fact that I'd never heard of, let alone been to, any of the bars that she frequents. It feels really strange not knowing the bar scene like the back of my hand the way I do in Houston. But it's almost liberating. Everything is new and exciting again!
Eventually Ross and Reggie made their way back to us, and we decided to hit up yet another bar. Haha. Carissa was hungry and knew about a good spot that was still serving food. When we got there, 2 more guys and another girl showed up! A guy who's name I never got, a girl who's name I never got (but they were both cool!) and Josh. Josh immediately saw me and was like "Fresh meat!" and sat down right next to me. Hahaha. He was really sweet and we talked about New Orleans for like 30 minutes. He's about to open a bar somewhere in town.
We all grubbed on the best nachos ever and then headed to our next destination. Everywhere we went there were ridiculous lines, but somehow we never had to wait in any of them! Someone always knew someone! It was great. But at the next bar we went to, only us girls got in and security wouldn't let the boys in. So Carissa took me in just for a short tour, cuz she said this is the spot to be, and I just had to see it. But we didn't stay, cuz it was cold outside, and we didn't want to keep the boys waiting. But when we got back outside, they were gone! Apparently they got tired of waiting for us, so us 3 girls hopped another cab to the bar the guys were at. This place was also superpacked. It's been so long since I've been like out out on a Saturday night, I guess I forgot what it's like! It was already almost 3am, so we decided this would be our final destination for the night. Ross and I pretended we were twirling 2 jump ropes, double dutch style, and got random strangers to pretend they were jumping rope. It was hilarious. Josh teased me about my high heels and told me not to wear them again. Lol. But in a joking way, not a serious insecure kind of way.

"You have to come tailgating with us tomorrow!" Carissa shouted over the blaring music.

"What time?"

"We're meeting at my place between 9 and 10."

"Man...I don't know if I can do that. I mean I really want to, but I only got 4 hours of sleep last night cuz I had to be at work at 9am today! And I never took a nap!" I laughed.

"Well you should try to come! It's going to be a lot of fun, everybody's going!"

"Alright, I'm in!" I agreed maybe a little too readily, but I'm not in a position to turn down really fun friends!

Before we left, all the guys asked me if I'd be there tomorrow. I assured them that I would be, and said goodnight to everyone. Carissa and I split a cab home, and she told me she'd text me in the morning.

I didn't make it to the tailgate, however. I completely slept through my alarm! I don't know how any of them managed to get up, considering how much drinking they all did yesterday. But I might still be meeting up with everybody, I'm just waiting to hear back from Carissa if they're going out after tailgating.

So YAYYY for new friends!! :D

No comments: