______________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let's Make A Deal

Wow. Less than an hour after I wrote my last post, I called Bethany, she called her manager/bar owner, and got me a job. They want me to start next weekend! Of course, Bethany told him that I still need to put in my 2 weeks. So then I went up to work to talk to Mr. S. Cameryn was in the office too.
I told them that I didn't want to quit, but that I had another offer, and I'm not making enough money, living paycheck to paycheck, etc. So I asked if I could just change my availability to only working during the week.
But then Mr. S. told me that now would be a really bad time for me to quit, with football season about to start, and that they gave me a really good schedule next week, blabla...
I told him I wanted to be able to pick up shifts at one of the other bars, and he said he'd bring it up in their manager's meeting tonight, but that the reason I've stayed there, is because he thinks I'm a good fit there in particular. I come in ready to work, with a good attitude, and I'm outgoing, etc...
And I told him that I could still be good at the shot bar or something, and that it's been especially hard for me here lately, having to work with Brandon. And he said he understands, and that he's been trying to separate us. I said not to worry about it, it's my bed...I have to lay in it.
But he said no, it's still a work issue. ((Sigh))
Either way, what started out as me going in to give my notice, and request off next weekend, turned into a 30 minute bargaining session, in which I gave in and decided to give it one week.
ONE WEEK.
I'm still going to meet with Bethany's manager tonight though. I'll just have to tell him that I'm not available to work for 2 weeks because the schedule has already been made. But...I'm serious about this Brandon thing. I can't do it anymore.
Greg was there working when I came out of the office. He says I shouldn't let Brandon have the satisfaction of knowing he made me quit. But you know what? I don't care. Why should I stay there just to spite him? I'm the one that's going to be better off by leaving. The only person that's hurting is me. And I just need to get out of there. Besides, it'll be fun working with Bethany and Summer again. ((Sigh))
I just don't know how I'm going to tell them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think now is the perfect opportunity for you to stop working at bars and get a real job. What did you get your degree for? I mean you don't want to be bartending in your thirties...Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Peyton,

I soooo understand what you're talking about. I work with my ex, and it's horrible. Having to see him every day is just bad and watching him flirt around is driving me crazy. We have the same friends so I got to hear he's hooked up with another girl from WORK!!!! But I just have to suck it up and pretend I don't care.I wish I had the option of leaving but I just have to take it for now. :-(