______________________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I lost track of my traveling journal after that last night. We did end up making it back to Slovakia that night though. Emma and I were both so relieved to get away from Stajno and DavĂ­d! We rested up a day in Slovakia and then took a train to Prague the next day to meet up with Sophie and Brent. We had so much fun with them! And it was totally awesome to not be the odd person out for once. And of course it was just wonderful being with Sophie and Brent. Like a breath of fresh air! Prague was beautiful, and fun, and we stayed in a really nice hostel. The train was cool too, cuz I'd never ridden one before. Of course, we actually had to backpack there though, so Emma and I were exhausted and sore when we got back. And then finally, it was time for me to fly home! I was soooooo happy!
I had a plane from Slovakia to Prague, then from Prague to Amsterdam, and then from Amsterdam back to the states. But unfortunately, my plane from Prague to Amsterdam got wayyyy delayed, which made me miss my plane back into the states! I was soooo pissed. I mean I was that close to getting home! And I just wanted to see Brandon and Jasper!! ((Sigh)) But the airlines put me up in a hotel in Amsterdam for the night. The hotel was really nice, but of course it was literally out in the middle of nowhere, so I couldn't even go check out any cafes or anything. I was pretty pissed about that. Except that by this time, not only was I tired, but I was developing an eye infection from my contacts, and one of my tooth fillings had popped out! It was in pretty bad shape. I called my mom, all upset and told her what was going on, and she made me feel better, and promised to make me dentist and eye doctor appointments for the day I got back.
Brandon was originally supposed to pick me up from the airport, but since I didn't make my first plane, he wasn't able to. So my dad picked me up. The flight was long, and there was a horrible child, screaming the whole way, with horrible parents, who just continued to reward her for her horrible behavior. Ugh. I can't stand people like that. But finally I made it. And now, I'm writing to you from my couch, and I'm back, and all in one piece. ((Phew!))
I know it's been a while since I've written, and already so many things have happened since I've been back. But I've hardly had a second to spare! Here's a quick summary of what I've been dealing with.

1) I have to move. Pretty much immediately, but I found a pretty awesome place today, and I'm gonna go sign the lease tomorrow
2) Two new girls at work. One of them I like, the other one I hate, because she incessantly flirts with Brandon!!!!!
3) Brandon's Daddy issues are flaring up again. Apparently he missed his stepmom's father's funeral or something, and so his dad is all pissed at him, which led to a full-on, drunken, disaster of a night this weekend. I don't even wanna get into that...
4) Have I mentioned my new guy friend? I met him just before I left. He moved here recently, and we've hung out (in groups!) a couple times. He's just lots of fun.
5) I have absolutely no tolerance for alcohol anymore. Not since Europe. So this story I have to tell you guys.

Last Tuesday, Brandon and I decided to go out for drinks, just the 2 of us. But then, we ended up running into Tug, and it just turned into a huge group of our coworkers, and we were all partying and having a good time. This was also the first time I'd seen a lot of these people since I'd been back, so they were all buying me shots and stuff. Well, at the end of the night, Brandon is dropping his friend off at his car, so Bethany and I are waiting for him. And I plop my ass down in this tree. Please note, I didn't climb the tree, it was just a short tree, with a perfect spot for sitting, so I sat. About 5 minutes later, there were fire ants, allllll over me! And of course, by the time I realize this, they're all inside my pants and everything. So Bethany and I are frantically trying to get these ants off, and I'm freaking out, and I somehow cut my arm on a fence, pretty bad too, but I have no recollection of doing so. And then I have to take my pants off, and Tug is laughing at me... ((Sigh))
The next morning, I woke up with over a hundred ant bites. And most of them are on my ass. Seriously. In verrrrrry private places. I had a thong on that night. Ugh. It sucks. BAD. I mean, it looks like I have severe diaper rash on the side of my butt. I don't even wanna put a swim suit on!! The ones on my feet are the most bothersome though, because it hurts to wear shoes, and my toes are all swollen. ((Sigh)) So yea. That's my drunken story. It's pretty funny actually now that I think about it.
Well, anyways... I hope I've satisfied your blog cravings. Sorry I've been MIA. That's going to change now though! Now that I'm all caught up, I can start blogging regularly again. As soon as I finish editing my photos from Europe, I'll try to post some. And if there's anything anyone wants to know, please ask!! Cuz I'm sure I've probably missed some things.
Well, now I really gotta get to bed, cuz I gotta pool party to go to tomorrow! :)
Ciao!!

1 comment:

Nic said...

You're back!!!

Want the whole backpacking story, you arrived in Slovakia and then....What did you see? where did you go?

Why did you have to move?