______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Extra Extra!

Omgosh this week has been so crazy.
Sophie and Brent are here. My mom's surgery is tomorrow. I can't believe it's happening already. Please, everyone, keep her in your prayers!
This past Sunday, Todd got drafted into the NFL!!! I'm so happy for him, and so proud! And the best part is, he won't be too far away, so I'm sure I'll be making a couple trips this year to go and see him.
Last week, Emma got into town, and we've hung out a couple times since. And thankfully, we've just fallen back into our old groove. It's so nice, because I was a little worried that things might be awkward in Europe, but now I know that everything is going to be fine, and we're going to have a wonderful time!
And finally, we just opened a new bar! By we, I mean, the bar I work at. Evan and I just got back from there actually. I wanted to try out the food and the specialty drinks. The bar looks amazing. It's super swank! And Bethany and I are having our joint birthday party there in 2 weeks! It's gonna be awesome! I can't wait!
((Sigh)) I've been meaning to write the last couple nights, but I just haven't really been inspired. You know, to set some time aside and really write. I've just been so crazy busy and my down time has mostly consisted of entertaining guests. 
Tomorrow is going to be a long day, and night; most of which will be spent at the hospital. Then Friday, it's back to work. Ugh... But I really shouldn't complain, cuz I desperately need the money. 
Well, that's really all I have time for right now, cuz I gotta get ready for work. I just wanted to update you all on what's going on. Bear with me for the next week or so, cuz it's gonna be tough with my mom in the hospital, and family in town. I'll try to write as soon as I can!

4 comments:

Nic said...

I'll say a prayer for your mom.
The surgery will go just fine and the recovery too. And you've got your friends who are in town for back up (in case you need an evening of mindless entertainment instead of thinking about how your mom is recovering).

StarzGazR said...

I will have your family and specially your mom in my prayers!!

Everything will be great! Just have tons of faith in god :)

Anonymous said...

hopefully everything goes well with your mom... ill keep her in my prayers! and thats so exciting that todd was drafted! where will he be playing?!

~a*

Anonymous said...

Hey so I just started reading your blog and I read about your mom a couple times an thought about writting now with the surgery I feel I should. I lost my Dad just three years ago to cancer (I was just about 21) the surgey parts are hard but one thing to remeber with everyone telling you it will be fine you have to be prepared for the worst to and don't be afraid to let people see you cry.

I wish your mom the best.