______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Wedding

Saturday morning, the alarm went off too soon.

"Were you crying last night?" Brandon asked when he noticed the mascara on my pillowcase.
"Yea." I admitted.
"Why?? Did I do something??" He sounded worried.
"No."
"Then...why were you crying?" Concern colored his voice.
"I was just...sad." I said, as I walked to the bathroom.
"About Oliver?" He asked.
I nodded.
"It'll be ok." He said, pulling me into a hug.

The wedding was held at a museum of sorts. It was pretty cool! I did Sophie's hair and makeup. She looked beautiful. This was a Renaissance themed wedding, so a lot of people came dressed up. Sophie's dress was stunning! It was purple and white, with floor length sleeves and a hoop skirt.
I put on my chemise and corset and put the finishing touches on my hair and makeup. Before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony to start.
Everything went great. They recited their own vows, which were touching. The ceremony and reception were both in the same place. The museum had one big open room, with wood floors and lots of light-up artwork on the walls. Downstairs, underneath the big hall were restrooms and a small kitchen, which was where we all got ready. Some of Sophie and Brent's friends played guitar and sang during the reception, and we all danced and took lots of pictures. It was so much fun! And I was able to keep all my dark thoughts at bay for the entire wedding. Brandon and I danced, and hung out and had a really good time.

Afterwards, my parents dropped us off back at the hotel to rest. Everyone had had a long day and we were all ready for a break. Brandon and I stripped to our underwear and got into bed. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Thanks for coming with me." I said.
"No problem babe. It was fun." He said, kissing my forehead.
"Brandon?" I looked up into his eyes.
"Yes?" He said with a curious grin on his face.
"I love you."
I had to say it. It was about to explode out of me if I didn't. I mean, I'd never felt it so strongly before, and had to hold it in. I just had to say it!
"You do??" He said, genuinely surprised, "What makes you assume that?"
"It's not an assumption. I just do."
"Oh. Well that's good to hear. I guess I must be doing something right!" He grinned at me and squeezed me tighter.
It wasn't an 'I love you too', which would have been nice but... He'll say it when he's ready I guess.
I laid my head back on his shoulder and went to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you opened up to him. And I'm really sorry about Oliver. Hopefully he will be there to help you through it. The wedding sounded amazing, by the way.