______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Home Is Where The HEART Is

Over the past couple months I have struggled with whether or not I should continue to blog. Mostly because my life is sort of stagnant right now, and I just don't have that much dish, and then partly because I'm so busy that my posts are few and far between, and I know my readership is dwindling. But every time something DOES happen, I WANNA blog about it. So for now, I'm just gonna say that my blog is sort of...on hold. I will post here and there, but unfortunately, that's all I can commit to at the moment.

In other news, I just got back from a 10 day trip to Houston. And now that I'm back in Chicago I have this really weird feeling that I'm not really home here anymore. It's like I feel confused inside. You know? Like that feeling you have when you first move to a new place, and in your head, you know it's "home", but it just doesn't feel like home necessarily. Well that's how I'm feeling about Chicago right now. I mean I've known for about a year now that this isn't where I want to stay. This move was something transitional, something I needed, and I'm definitely glad I did, but not something permanent. And I've toyed with idea of moving to New Orleans, or Austin after I graduate, but now I'm convinced that Houston is just...where I belong. I was just so happy there the last week and a half. I have a lot of good friends. Not just casual friends, or coworkers, or classmates. Real, true friends. And if there's anything I've learned from this experience of leaving everything behind and starting fresh, it's that true friends are hard to find, and they should be treasured, always. My reasons for leaving Houston don't really...apply to me anymore. Hopefully I will be able to find a real job before I move anywhere, so I won't have to bartend again, but everything with Brandon is in the past, my parents issues are (mostly) in the past, and I wanted to pursue photography and art, and I did! So I've decided that when I finish school, I'm going back to Houston. I'm going back home.

4 comments:

SL Stacker said...

Good for you! That sounds like a nice plan. Finding a real job will also open up a world of potential "real" friends. If you concentrate on you and your career, everything else will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know there are still readers out here. Glad to hear from you.

As for moving back to Houston ... I am so proud of you. I think you have turned a new leaf. You seem at peace with your decisions. Good for you! I will keep my fingers crossed that a job becomes available so you can follow your heart.

Dido said...

Glad your back....still check the blog all the tie:-) Congrats on your decision to move home

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're in a good place, even if it doesn't feel "blogging worthy." If you have friends in Houston and are in a better place than when you left, then perhaps it is a good time to move back. As one of the other commentors said, focusing on you and your career are always best. Even if it is maddening to do it alone.