______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Spring Break"

Oh my god, I've been working on the same project for like...6 hours a day, every day for a week. It's killing me! And I'm just so ready to be done! Ugh... After tomorrow, I'm free! I have a paper due, that I haven't even started on, since I've been so busy with this project, which is also due tomorrow. But Thursday, our "Spring Break" officially starts. All 2 days of it, that is. You don't actually get a whole week of Spring Break in art school, apparently. You get a whopping 2 days. FML. Well, the good news is, I'm actually off work this Thursday, so Sophie and I are going to go back to the improv theatre again, for the first time in over a month. We've both been so busy, and I've had to work every Thursday for the last 3 weeks cuz of St. Patrick's Day. The Saturday before St. Pat's is when everyone celebrates here, and I literally bartended for 12 straight hours. I left the bar twice. Once to scarf down a sandwich, and once to pee. And it was busy the ENTIRE time. But I did make more than my rent, just in that one shift, so that was awesome. But it took me a good 4 days to recover. And then my midterms started. Ohmygod, just thinking about the last 2 weeks is making my head swim! Lol.
Anyway, last Saturday I had a lot of fun at work! I got to work in the upstairs bar, which I've never done before. And the same 2 guys always work up there: AJ and Matty. Matty is a barback, but he serves drinks sometimes too, and likes to talk to people. And AJ is a bartender, he's one of the older people that works there. As in, older than me. Lol. Anyway, he and AJ spent the night playing pranks on me. It was a lot of fun, and I've sworn to get them back! And it looks like I'm going to have my opportunity this Saturday, cuz I'm scheduled to work with them upstairs again.
Well, I really gotta get back to my project. Only 4 pages left! I just really needed a break. Sorry I've been neglecting you guys. I'm just so busy ALL THE TIME. This is definitely not what I thought my life was gonna be like here in Chicago. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just...crazy!
Well, I'll try to write again after the weekend at the latest.

No comments: