______________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 28, 2014

FRONT PAGE NEWS!

Been meaning to post all week, but it's been crazy.
Great news though!!
I got a job! A real job! A photography job!! Working for the chief photo editor of a newspaper in New Orleans!! So I'm moving to New Orleans!! Lol. Not till August though. :/ Still stuck in Chi till then. But I couldn't be more thrilled! I actually get to do something I love, and get paid for it. And the odds of finding a job in my field are not great. So I'm really lucky! I mean it doesn't hurt that my mom is dating the guy who wants to hire me, but I asked him if their relationship had anything to do with him hiring me and he said no. He saw my portfolio on facebook, and thinks I'm a great portrait photographer, and he needs good photographers right now, apparently. And he said he would think that even if he wasn't crazy about my mom. So I'll be working for a paper, doing editorial work, and he said he's gonna teach me how to write captions for the paper, and shoot sports! I'll get to go to Saints games for free! With a press pass! Plus all kinds of other cool events. It's weird sometimes how things work out. Especially for me, because up until recently it never seemed like things were actually working in my favor. But perhaps my luck is turning.
No real news on John though. We continued to talk the next day, but not about anything important. And I haven't heard from him much recently. Actions speak louder than words. So I'm just gonna try to forget about him. I can't promise I'll be successful though. It was so nice having someone to talk with all day, about all sorts of random things. I had forgotten how fun it can be to get to know someone. ((Sigh))
Well I'm just gonna do me right now. My days are numbered here and I'm gonna try to make the most of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That sounds like a dream job. So happy for you, you deserve this!

~J said...

Hey congrats!! That's awesome! My hubby and I just got back from honeymooning in NOLA. We had a great time, such awesome historical things to see.

Krystin said...

WOW what an amazing job opportunity!!! Congrats!! Think you're doing the right thing with John. Just enjoy his texts/talks when they happen. And focus on yourself and having fun the rest of the time. Glad you're back btw! I haven't checked since January and just did the other day and got caught up! Missed the whole Twitter and your real identity thing, but it doesn't matter. Just glad you are continuing to write!

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

Congrats, that is so awesome.

So cliche but must make you feel like a "big girl" now (no offense meant).

I assume that is commission work, does that guarantee a steady income?

Autumn said...

Congratulations! So happy things are working out for you!