______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No Place Like Home For The Holidays

Gosh I feel like I'm always getting so behind on this blog and then I'm back here apologizing for not writing!! :(
SORRY!!
I've been ridiculously busy for the past month. Finishing up tons of projects at school, working a lot to save money for my trips, piano recitals, oh, and I had the flu and missed an entire week of school which put me way behind in like EVERYTHING!! Needless to say, it's been crazy!

I leave tomorrow for Houston and a much needed break from everything! I'm just really going to miss my puppy! :( But I'm excited to see all my friends; they always give me the warmest welcome reception. I've already got my entire weekend planned out! Haha.
It's going to be a bittersweet Christmas though... I'm spending it with Dad and Sophie is spending it with Mom. So we're all divided now and it sucks. I'm starting to realize the holidays will just never be like they used to be.
Also, apparently my Dad has already been through a string of short "relationships". Ugh... He seems quite desperate to find someone. So much so that he's not being picky at all and that really concerns me. He flew to Florida with some woman to meet her family for Thanksgiving and he'd only known her for 2 months! And she has an 11 year old daughter who she introduced him to like after 2 weeks! That's just plain irresponsible, in my opinion. I mean, for all she knows my dad could be like a molester or something! I mean, obviously he's not, but it never fails to surprise me the things people neglect to think about when it comes to their children. But whatever. She dumped him apparently, and now he's already got some other broad lined up. My mom seems to think it's funny. Funny!! But I guess that's better than her being upset about it. ((Rolls eyes))

I'm definitely going to be seeing Gavin during this trip. And we are definitely going to do it. Lol. At least that's the plan, but we'll see...
Speaking of guys, I kind of met someone here in Chicago. And when I say I met someone, I pretty much literally meet MET because I've only hung out with the dude once. He's very nice, cute, Brazilian, speaks fluent Portuguese, smart, musical, yada yada. But he's only 25, and he's a bit short. I know, I'm being ridiculously picky, but the age thing always seems to get me in the end. I could overlook his height, but I'm not sure about the age. But anyway, he just flew to Brazil yesterday and he won't be back till mid January so I have plenty of time to just...let the pieces fall where they lie. I mean he's definitely interested in me, I can tell, but I've noticed that he and some girl in Rio keep facebooking each other, and he told me he was going to Rio for NYE so...I dunno. I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket, that's for sure.
Whatever. I'm excited to see my friends, and Jenna! I finally get to meet her baby girl! I'm so excited. Oh! And I'm going to one of Todd's football games with my Dad and Sophie over the weekend too! So that will be fun. I haven't been to a game since his rookie season! And when Todd was here last he was asking me if I was going to come to any this season, so I cashed in, in a manner of speaking...
One more thing! Did I tell you guys that my cousin Lexi and I are going to Harry Potter World this January?? I'm almost more excited about that than Christmas!! LOL! She's as big of a HP fan as me and she's never been so it's gonna be totally awesome! I can't wait.
Well, I will try to post again soon, but what with my traveling and Christmas and everything, I can't make any promises. Sorry!

Happy Holidays Everybody!! Thanks for sticking with me! :)

No comments: