______________________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good Riddance?

So today, I get to work and I go to check my schedule. Low and behold, I only have TWO shifts next week! And I obviously can't live on 2 shifts a week. So I immediately text Mr. S to find out why. He's usually pretty receptive to any questions we have about schedule, since he's the one who makes it. Well he responds and tells me to ask Mr. P. So I texted him as well. Here's our conversation...

Me: Hey, how come I only have 2 shifts next week? Am I in trouble or something? Just wondering...
Mr. P : You are leaving in 3 weeks. I have to distribute the shifts to employees who are staying.
Me: I don't think that's fair at all. Just because I'm leaving doesn't mean I won't work as hard. And especially now; I could really use the money.

((No response for a while))

Me: I feel like I've really given a lot to you guys, and it just kinda seems like you're punishing me by taking away my shifts for that reason, which, I'm not gonna lie, and I know you don't really care, but that hurts my feelings.
Mr. P: I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't agree with that. And I also don't think that you are the hardest worker I have or the one with the best attitude.
Mr P: I think we have always been fair with you also. You will be gone in three weeks, and my other employees will not. Shifts are tight, [our Washington Bar] changed hours.

I didn't even bother to respond after that. I was just so upset. And I still am! I mean, he's treating me like I'm gone already! And I don't think it's right what he's doing. I mean, when I am actually gone, then he can give my shifts to the other employees, but as of right now, I am still an employee, and he has no right to take away my livelihood for that reason. And why did he have to throw that shit in about me not being the hardest worker with the best attitude? WTF was even the reason for that?? I never claimed to be perfect. And it's funny, because off the top of my head, I can name at least 3 people, with better schedules than me, who either A) slack off all the time, while I bartend circles around them, or B) complain and bitch constantly, or C) ALL OF THE ABOVE. And I don't do that shit. I come in ALWAYS on time, ALWAYS prepared, I work hard, and do my best, despite the fact that my ex is now my manager, among other things... I just do my job to the best of my ability! So why does he have to throw that in my face? To rub salt in the wound?? Oh, well here's your shitty schedule for next week. But you're leaving, and you suck anyway, so just deal with it.

!?!?!?

((Sigh))

So of course, after our conversation the last thing I felt like doing was working. I was so close to just walking out and never coming back. Except that I really, really need the money! I have to register for school next week, and I have NO IDEA how much that's going to cost. I'm already stressed out enough as it is. I could cry. I probably will. I'm thinking about talking about it with Mr. S, despite what Mr. P said. Maybe he would be more willing to work with me.
((Sigh))

I feel under-appreciated, brushed aside, already forgotten. I might as well not even be here anymore.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That isn't fair of him to do. Just keep thinking only 3 more weeks then you can leave it all behind and have the fresh start you need so badly!!

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would just walk out and move now. Maybe you can find a job in the next week where you can get some shifts.