______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Trying, I Swear!

Ok. I know I said I was gonna start blogging more often again, and I haven't been doing such a good job with that, BUT! There is a reason for that! The internet at my apartment complex has been down for TWO WEEKS because someone stole the wireless router from the clubhouse (ugh), so I haven't been able to get online at home. And I've been pretty busy at work, so I haven't had time to email blog from work. Until this morning.
Since my last blog, I've had 2 sessions with the therapist. And it's too soon to tell if it's helping, obviously, but I do like my therapist, and it does feel like a release, just being able to talk to someone about what's going on in my life. Someone who I know is listening and wants to help me. Even if I am paying her to care. I'm not having a session this week though, because I'm a little short on funds. I took this past weekend off at the bar because Sophie was in town.
She and I went and saw Tool live on Sunday night, and it was AMAZEBALLS. Tool never disappoints.
So I had a nice relaxing weekend. Although things were a little difficult with Sophie being taxied around all weekend between my place, my parent's house, and my mom's new place. Ugh...

But anyways, guess what!?
My dad is taking Sophie and I to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios!!! I'm SOOOO excited! We made our hotel reservations on Saturday, and we just bought our plane tickets yesterday. We're going the first weekend of August. I don't think I've ever wanted to go anywhere so bad in my life. Lol. The only problem is, the place we're staying at, it's actually a condo, is this time share deal that my mom and dad signed up for a while back, so my mom has to be there for this presentation thing, since she signed the contract. And we were all ready to book everything when they told us she had to be there. So we called her to ask her about it, and obviously she wasn't thrilled, but she agreed to go, just to fly there for 1 day and fly back, if we really "need" her to be there. Which we do. But I mean it's not like she has no other reasons to go to Orlando. She has a brother and a cousin who live there. It's going to be strange going on a "family vacation" without my mom there. Even though I'm not her biggest fan right now, I still kind of wish she was going. Will my family never truly be together ever again?? ((Sigh))

Well anyway, the Sunday before last, I went out on the boat for the first time this summer! There was a LOT of us too, like 12 people. And we had a blast, of course. I finally got up on the wakeboard! I'm so proud of myself. Lol. I didn't make it very far, but still, it's an accomplishment. We're going out again this Sunday, so I'm super excited! Well I guess I don't really have anything else to report, but I swear I'm going to try to write more. The internet should be back up soon. It better be anyway...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad things are going better. Universal Orlando Resort is awesome! But man, oh man, its going to be hot, humid and busy when you visit. I went two years ago at the end of July and it was sooooo hot. The Simpsons Ride had just opened and we waited for almost 2 hours in the Orlando sun. Bring a fan!