______________________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Search is On

For a new roommate that is.
Joey is moving out. He's going back to the burbs, which is where he spends 90% of his time already. It just makes sense for him to move back. So Dane and I have begun the search for his replacement. On the one hand, I'm kind of excited. I mean, this is a potential opportunity for me to make a new friend, or friends! But on the other hand, I'm dreading it because what if this person turns out to really suck!? And I just really don't want a female roommate. I intentionally picked a place with 2 guys because I don't want to live with girls. Just...too much drama. I expressed this opinion to Dane, and he understands, but we are both going to have an equal say in the new roomie, so hopefully it won't be someone I hate.

I'm leaving for New Orleans in 4 days! I can't wait. I'm really excited to see my family, and maybe Todd too. I still haven't told him I'm coming, and I'm not even sure if he'll be back in NOLA yet, but I'm gonna text him when I get there.

And when I get back from NOLA, I think I'm gonna have to start looking for a new job. I'm not really making any money where I'm at now, they're not giving me enough shifts, and there's just so much bullshit that comes with working at that place! They want us to advertise all their specials on our facebook pages, check in every time we get to work, get 10 emails per shift so they can spam their customers... And if we don't get emails, we get our shifts taken away! WTF?!
Hire a fucking marketing person for that shit. That's soooo fucking annoying to me. What if I decide to apply for a professional job in the near future and they find me on facebook and see all this crap about some bar littering my profile! How is that going to make me look??? Not to mention, I only have like two friends in Chicago right now, so my "advertising" isn't even doing them any good! It's just pointless!
And they expect us to just drop everything to help them decorate, and go to trash pickups, when they don't pay us. They say it's voluntary, but when we don't show up, we get bitched at. It's fucking bullshit dude. I'm so sick of working there. I really like my coworkers, but it's just not worth it to me anymore. Ugh. I'm so sick of bartending. I can't wait till I'm done with school and I can get a real job and not have to worry about this shit anymore. UUUUGGHHHH!!!

Ok sorry, that was my rant for the day.

I'm just so relieved that summer has officially started, and I'm about to take a much needed vacation!
Ahhhhh....

No comments: